Monday, June 22, 2015

Trying to Beat the Heat and Humidity

Elder Varner & the Gale Family


On exchanges with Elder Boer

Dear Family,

Wow, it looks and sounds like everyone had a crazy, but super fun time in Utah. I'm especially grateful that Aubrey had a blast at EFY. However, I'm now a little more concerned about all those boys who may be keeping an eye out for her. Back off boys, ha ha ;)

Well, this week was a little bit better for missionary work. My highlight of the week was when I went on exchanges with Elder Boer, my district leader. He came down with me to the Parkersburg North area and we were tracting around this one street when we met this man outside his house. We were teaching him the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ when it suddenly rained on us. Despite it raining, he continued to listen and we continued to teach. Even though he told us that he didn't want to take the missionary discussions, I'm still proud that we didn't let a little rain stop us from sharing a gospel message. Now that is being a missionary! We may not have beaten the heat or humidity, but we did beat the rain ;)

Other than that, not much is different than last week. Oh well, the transfer is almost over and soon I'll just have two transfers to go before I'm halfway done. I'm super excited for that milestone! I'm sorry this e-mail isn't super exciting. However, I want you all to know that I love you all and miss you all. 

Take care everyone. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment