Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Changes in the Air!

Saying goodbye to Parkersburg friends like Cody Collins

Emmie and Mark Shoemaker





The Blaire Family
Bro. & Sis. Thorn

Dear Family,

First off, I want to give a special shout out to Mom and Aubrey for toughing it out at Girls' Camp. Way to go you two! Believe me, I understand what you two went through. I have been to a few camp outs and, as fun as they were, I can honestly say that I'm not an outdoor person. I love the comforts inside a building too much as well. So whenever I say that I like being "outside", I don't mean "outside in the woods" ;) Still, please note that I did have lots of fun on the camp outs that I've been on. Young Men's Leaders like Bro. Sweeney, Bro. Egan, Bro. Hardy, and many others are always the ones that make it worth it.

Now, you're probably wondering what's happening for this transfer. The results: I am getting transferred to Flatwoods, WV and my new companion will be Elder Jarmon! I admit that I was little surprised by the news because my guess was that I would be here in the Parkersburg North area for at least three transfers. Oh well, I'm actually looking forward to the changes. As much as I like to keep most things in a constant routine, I also like getting a fresh start on things especially when it comes to missionary work.

Other than that, not much has happened this week. This week consisted mostly of us doing service for a part-member family, visiting former investigators and other members on the roster (or trying to, if they're home) and me saying goodbye to the friends I've made here. My personal highlight is getting to take a picture with them. One of them even gave me a new journal as a going away gift and another threw me a pizza party! It was awesome! As I told President Salisbury in my last e-mail, "I guess it was the Lord's way of telling me that I have done some good here."

Well, I think that's everything. I hope y'all are having fun in good ole Spokane, WA. Take care y'all. I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

From Elder Alley's Mom:
He doesn't have his new address yet, but here's some info on Flatwoods, WV

1. Population: 227 He'll be happy to be back in a small town. That's what he likes best. :) 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatwoods,_West_Virginia

2. It's right in the geographical center of West Virginia. Here's a Google Maps street view of the main road through town. 
http://street-view.bg360.net/usa/west-virginia/flatwoods_braxton-county.php

3. It's "famous" for the 1952 Flatwoods Monster incident. (Great campfire story!)
http://www.ufocasebook.com/Flatwoods.html 

4. It's also home to West Virginia's only outlet mall. ;) (A fact I'm sure does not interest Elder Alley in the least. haha)
http://www.flatwoodsfactorystores.com/ffos_stores.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment