Monday, July 20, 2015

Still Kicking & Believing!

A snapping turtle. Possible investigator?

July 20, 2015

Man, this week was definitely hard but it came with great miracles from God. The challenge was that, as a mission, we went over our monthly miles limit last month. I'm not completely sure how this miles limit works, but the mission office has been busy with trying to get this problem fixed and organized. To help them avoid this issue again, we received word that miles originally excused (such as traveling to meetings) were no longer excused. As a result, Elder Jarman and I did a lot of walking and tracting this week. Personally, I really don't mind walking because Flatwoods really is a pretty looking area. It's just the humidity that I don't like. Oh well, it is what it is. As Dad, uncles, and friends have said to me, "the harder you work, the hotter your wife." Well, I hope my future wife will appreciate the hard work I'm putting out here. #DoingThisForYouBabe ;) haha. Anyway, we did get some new and potential investigators out of the deal, so hopefully we can meet with them and start teaching them more.

The biggest highlight for me though was our interview with President Salisbury. Again, I'm so grateful to be serving under the leadership of President Salisbury! He really does care about us missionaries and everything he says just inspires me to do better. 

Well, I think that's everything. I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,
Elder Michael Alley

P.S. While waiting for Elder Jarman to be done with his interview, I introduced Sister Salisbury to the allrecipes.com website. Her son was returning from his mission and she wanted to make something for him. #BlessingsFromChefMom ;) Love you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment