Monday, July 13, 2015

What Just Happened?

Elder Jarman

When it rains, you get wet. ;)


Meet Coach Cowen. He has a list of rules when you are transferred to Cowen.
Follow them carefully. :D

July 13, 2015

Dear Family & Friends,

How's it going, y'all? Mom and Aubrey, I'm so jealous of you that you got to go to Nauvoo. Judging by the pictures and e-mail, it looks like everyone had a blast. When I return home, can we go visit some historical church sites? Since being out here in the mission, I developed a desire to go visit areas where the Prophet Joseph Smith was at. Pretty please? :) Thanks.

Now, you're probably wondering why I titled this e-mail as "What Just Happened?". To be honest, this week just felt like a blur. I think the best the way to describe it is that I know we did something but I'll need to look at my journal again. ;) I guess it's because not a lot has happened. The work is just moving a little slow. Oh well, Flatwoods is a pretty looking area anyway, so I've got a nice scenery to keep me in a good mood. 

There is one highlight that I'm proud of. Elder Jarman and I got to give some priesthood blessings to an investigator and a less-active. These children of God were about to have to some surgery and they were really nervous about it, so we offered to give them blessings to comfort them. It was amazing. The investigator was in tears after we blessed him. It was amazing!

Who is Elder Jarman? He is about 19 years old and from Sandy, Utah. He's been out for almost a year. He also likes soccer and Pokemon. While I may not understand his sense of humor, I'm really glad to have him as a companion. He's been helping me to teach more effectively during our role-plays.

Well, I think that's everything. Until next time. I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

P.S. Mom, I also tear up whenever I think about the day I left for the MTC. It was a bittersweet moment for me as I looked back and realized that it would two years before we could be together again. Still, I know that this is where I need to be. I love you and miss you. Take care Mom.   

No comments:

Post a Comment