Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy Late Independence Day!

Elder Alley is actually living in Sutton, West Virginia. It's about five
times bigger than Flatwoods with a population of 994. ;)
 

Main Street in Sutton
Braxton County Courthouse
Beautiful scenery in Sutton


July 6, 2015

Dear Family,

Happy late Independence Day! I'm really glad that y'all had a fun time at the lake. I'm also glad that the Spokane fireworks were also still going strong. Way to go Spokane!

Man, as always, transfer weeks are such weird weeks. Especially if you're the one being transferred. As my Mom and any of my family members can testify, changes just don't come natural for me. Oh well, it is what it is.

Now to answer Mom's questions. Flatwoods, WV is a beautiful looking area. In many ways, it actually looks and feels a lot like Martin, KY, the first area that I served in. The only differences is that the communities and houses are a little more spread out (so staying under miles is going to be a challenge), I'm living in a townhouse instead of a trailer (it's a super nice apartment) and I'm serving in a branch instead of a ward (sweet!). I don't know much about this "1952 Monster Incident" but there was a sign that said "Flatwoods: Home of the Green Monster." Sweetness! Maybe I can somehow use it to find new investigators ;) I'm not sure how, but it's worth hoping for. I think I'm going to like it here.

For the 4th of July, Elder Jarman and I went to a town called Gassaway and there was event called Gassaway Days (it lasted from Thursday to Saturday). It was really just a small carnival event with places to eat and some bands playing music. Pretty much like what we got in River Front Park. We didn't really participate in it but it was fun to see the dancers and bands playing.

Before I close, I want to ask everyone for a favor. Would you all please pray for a boy named Gatlin Bentley? He's a friend of mine from back in Martin, KY who's having problems with his spinal fluid. Please pray for Gatlin and all of the Bentley family that they will be comforted and strengthened during this trial. Thank you all so much.

Well I think that's everything. Take care y'all. I love you all and miss you all. 

Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

Note from Elder Alley's mom: He sent me his new address, but when I typed it into my address book on the USPS website, it didn't recognize the address, so something is off. Until I figure it out, you can just send mail to the mission office and they'll forward it to him. (You always have that option.)

Elder Michael Alley
West Virginia Charleston Mission
888 Oakwood Road, Suite 310
Charleston, WV 25314-2071

No comments:

Post a Comment