Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What's Up Ya'll?


Dear Family,

I'm so happy that the *package arrived safe and sound. I was a little worried because it was my first time using the post office to send out a package. Awesome! Another life skill learned ;)
I guess I can answer a couple of your questions. Yes, that was my mission car in that one pic of the golf ball on the windshield. To make the long story, Elder McMullin and I were on exchanges with the Parkersburg South Elders (Elder Hollembeak and Elder Lane) and Elder McMullin was driving the car from a service project. The wheel got caught on a curve and the car ran into a mailbox which caused the damage (I wasn't in the car when that happened). Luckily, no one got hurt but Elder Varner and I were the ones who had to take it to the shop to get it fixed. #Don'tLetElderMcMullinDriveYourCar ;)
As for the work here in the Parkersburg North area: it was a slow week and I can honestly say that I hate hot and humid weather. Therefore, I'm going to tell you now that when we do come back here for a mission tour, it will not be during the middle of summer. However, as slow as the work goes, I really do get to have some fun. I'm sorry that I sounded serious (all work and no play) in my e-mails. To be honest, it's something that I've been trying to work on. Let's just say that it's hard for me to change a certain mindset once I have one. I'll explain more in my next e-mail. Right now, just know that I'm doing okay. 

I love you all and miss you all. Take care everyone. Hurrah for Israel!
Love,

Elder Michael Alley 

*Note from Elder Alley's mom: The package included the SD card from his camera. When I opened it up on the computer it had 468 photos on it! Oh, my gosh. As I was looking through them I'm thinking, "He's had a totally different mission than what I thought." haha He's been fishing and hiking and all sorts of stuff that he has never even alluded to in his letters. That boy. I got the sense that he was all work and no play, but he's done some playing. Made me feel better. Now I just need him to get home so I can get the details on all these pics! I'm going to do a separate post with some of the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment