Monday, March 2, 2015

All the Way from Martin, Kentucky!

March 2, 2015

Dear Family,

How's it going y'all? Man, this transfer week has been the weirdest week for me. As you have already heard, the Prestonsburg area got shut down, which means that Elder Barney and I are now in charge of both Martin and Prestonsburg. This week was mainly spent trying to find the investigators that the P-burg Elders were working with, finding our way around the area, and raiding the food supply that the elders left behind. Now, we don't have to worry about shopping for a while :).

However, as weird as this week was, it's actually a blessing in many ways. Now we have more investigators to teach and we can travel to more places. Finding our way around town will be a challenge and so is continuing the lessons with these investigators, but I'm sure Elder Barney and I will pull through.

Fast Sunday was awesome! We found a couple of new investigators after tracting in this town called Allen, Kentucky and contacting a Church Media Referral. They were very open-minded and very receptive to us. However, my favorite part of that day was having dinner with our Baptist neighbors from across the street. Their names are the Campbells and they are an older and very nice couple. During that snow week, we helped them shovel snow off their driveway and they thanked us by inviting us to dinner that weekend. They've actually met some missionaries before and they all left great impressions on the Campbells. 

Anyway, what we we've been doing with them is that we would have dinner with them and then have a "religious" discussion with them. Basically, we share with each other what we believe and know. I have been really enjoying those discussions because they're super nice and very open-minded. Even though they told us right away that they don't want to change religions, they still want to hear what we have to say. I've come to really appreciate people who are willing to talk to us, even if they have different beliefs.

Anyway, that's my highlight for the week. I hope things are going well in Spokane, Washington. I'm glad everyone got a good laugh about the "Car vs Canoe" incident. Lol. I also hope Aubrey's ankle heals up soon. I'll keep her in my prayers. Until next time, take care everyone. I love you all and miss you all.

Love,

Elder Michael Alley      

No comments:

Post a Comment