Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Yowza!

Another great meal with the Bentleys


After doing some service at the Family History Center
Passing out cards and helping at the Shop and Share event
Corralling carts. Elder Alley likes to help in any way he can. :)


March 30,2015

Dear Family,

How's it going y'all? Are you ready for General Conference and Easter? As you probably already heard, the church has come out with a new missionary initiative called #BecauseHeLives. The link is HeLives.mormon.org. Check it out and really come to know that Easter is all about remembering and celebrating the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.

This week has definitely been a good week for missionary work! Elder Barney and I went to a flea market and gave some of those #BecauseHeLives cards to some people and find some cool stuff there. We also helped our one of our member friends with a charity event called "Shop and Share" and gave some more of those cards to the people that we worked with. 

However, my highlight from this week was when I was helping this one cashier with bagging groceries for the customers. What happened was that the cashier asked me what the charity event was for and if she could contribute. I told her that the "Shop and Share" event is helping these Abuse Centers receive money and food so that they can take care of those people who suffered from domestic abuse and that she can contribute if she wants to. After she donated a few dollars, she opened up to me and told me how she left her home to get away from her abusive father. As we kept talking, I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. I then gave her a #BecauseHeLives card with our phone number on it and told her that that if we can help her out with anything to give us a call. I really hope she views that video and that she will contact us soon. Please, pray for her and that we will be able to teach her the Gospel of Jesus Christ soon.

I'm super excited to hear about where Anika is going! Be sure to let me know in the next e-mail.

Well, I think that's everything. I'll let y'all know about the results from transfers next Wednesday. I love you all and miss you all. 

Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley  

No comments:

Post a Comment