Monday, March 16, 2015

Almost 1/4 Complete!



March 16, 2015

Dear Family,

How's it going y'all? Man, it sounds you guys had a fun week. Especially the lip sync event. That looked like a lot of fun. I give a 10 to Aubrey and the gang. Way to go girls!

I also enjoyed the pictures of Austin pouting on his birthday. I thought they were hilarious. When I get back, I want a Power Ranger for my birthday. :) Lol.

Anyway, I'm glad you all had fun this week. I will admit that this was probably one of the slowest weeks for me as a missionary. Elder Barney and I have been struggling with finding new investigators and meeting with our current investigators. We also tried to go see other less-active members that we were assigned to go see but to no avail. Lately, it seems like people either aren't home or they're too "busy" to talk to us. However, this was also a week of spiritual growth for me. During the week, we had exchanges and Elder Thackeray (our new District Leader) told me that even though tracting is the least-effective finding tool there is, sometimes we have to do it if we want to show our Heavenly Father that we are committed to His work.

When Elder Barney came back, I took a moment to think about his advice. I then prayed to Heavenly Father asking Him to help me know what to do keep ourselves busy. In my prayer I told Him, "I promise that I will act on the prompting that thou givest me." When I ended the prayer, I told Elder Barney that we would go tracting. Even though most of Martin, Kentucky isn't "tracting friendly", there are a few areas that were walkable. We tracted to the homes of our neighbors and none of them were interested. One even told us right away, "I would appreciate it if you guys would just go your own way." Now, you're probably wondering how this is a spiritual moment for me. Well, even though we didn't find new investigators, I felt inner peace by the end of the day. I know that it was Heavenly Father telling me through the Holy Ghost that He was pleased that I did what He wanted me to do, no matter what the result was. It was a small victory for me, but I will always remember that moment. I'm glad that Bro. Peckham mentioned, "Despair and adversity are only temporary."

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I apologize that there's not much to report on. But I'm really excited for April 8th. Why? Because that's my quarter mark! Yeah, baby! I'm almost 1/4 of the way done. 

Anyway, take care everyone. I love you all and miss you all.

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment