Monday, March 23, 2015

What a Week!




Doing one of the things Elder Alley likes best: service!
All loaded up
Taking a break after more service
Elder Barney
Work gloves on and ready to roll
Jenny Wiley State Park May Lodge
Good grub at the lodge!
Yum!


Picture from the conference with Elder D. Todd Christofferson
(This is the "old gang" back together again.)


March 23, 2015

Dear Family,

How's it going y'all? Man, this week was amazing! Allow me to list them off:

1) On Saturday morning, we had a mission conference where we got to meet and listen to an Apostle of the Lord: Elder D. Todd Christofferson! How awesome is that? My highlight from that meeting was when he asked all the missionaries to line up, shake his hand, introduce ourselves, and tell him where we were from. I felt so special when my turn came to shake his hand and say, "Elder Alley. From Spokane, Washington." It was amazing to just be in his presence. I wasn't able to take pictures of the event, but I saw President Salisbury's wife taking pics. I promise that you will get proof of this event.

2) I got to speak in sacrament meeting, sharing with the ward about what we learned from the conference. My talk was on Elder Christofferson's answer to the question "How do we humble ourselves and get rid of pride?" His answer was that it takes practice to force ourselves to think of others and that it won't come naturally. I also used Mosiah 3:19 and a personal story from the time when Max and I were wrestling to share some insights on humility. To make the long story short, I told the ward how I thought that my taekwondo skills could beat Max's wrestling but what happened next could be best described in this manner: "I was brought down to both the depths of humility and the floor." The ward got a good laugh from that comment. Still, a lot of the members congratulated me for the talk. I love giving talks.

3) We taught our new investigator Braxton (the cashier from our Dairy Queen Miracle) about the restoration at the church building! It was amazing and I thought that the lesson went very well as we taught him about the restoration and allowed him to express his beliefs and opinions. The only problem we're having right now is getting back in contact with him. Would you all be willing to pray for Braxton in your prayers so that we can teach him again soon? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
4) We gave a lot of service this week. We helped box some food at a food pantry, hammer some floor boards at someone's house, and clean up a park. Man, what a week!

I'm also excited for April 8th because that's when I'll have completed a quarter of my mission! I'm almost a quarter of the way done! However, it will be on a transfer week and if I'm the one getting transferred, then I'll spending most of that Wednesday P-Day packing to leave and saying goodbye instead of celebrating. Oh well, it is what it is. Still, I'm looking forward to that milestone.

Well, I think that's it for my report. Take care y'all. Until next time. I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

P.S. I am driving a lot. Elder Barney and I just switch off every week. It's going good so far, but I will admit that a lot of these hollows are making me nervous. Just keep me in your prayers. Thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment