Monday, October 27, 2014

I Made It!

October 21, 2014

Dear Family,

I made it! I made it to West Virginia! Me and the other missionaries are currently at the Mission President's home and we are all given a chance to use his computer to send e-mails home. I got to say that it was a miracle that we even got here at all. One of the elders in my district took a while to get ready and I thought that we were going to miss the bus. However, for some reason the bus ran a little late, so it was a blessing. We made it to the airport on time, but then our second flight got delayed due to some maintenance issues. Luckily, we all made it here safely and were just a few minutes late. 

I have to admit that I'm still struggling with homesickness. I didn't mean to break down on the phone but it just felt so good to hear a familiar voice again, especially mom's voice. However, if the MTC has taught me anything is that as long as I stay focused on the journey as a missionary and think about nothing else but that which is happening now, the homesickness will not be overpowering. I also need to strengthen my faith in Jesus Christ and believe that He knows what I'm going through and that He also knows how the Atonement can help me overcome this homesickness.

I just want all of you to know that I love you all so much. I have a testimony that missionary work is the Lord's work and He knows how it should be done. Please keep me in your prayers. Take care everyone.

Love,

Elder Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment