Monday, October 13, 2014

Still Alive & Kicking! (First Email from the MTC)

Ran into Elder Hardy in the MTC :)

Dakota Moses was at the Provo Temple grounds when I was there

October 13, 2014


Dear Alley Clan,

Hey guys! How´s it going on your side of the world right now? I guess I should start off by answering mom´s housekeeping e-mail questions.

1) Thank you so much for letting me know about  the phone card, but please understand that if I don´t call home, it´s because I´m trying to overcome my homesickness. But never forget that I love you all with all my heart.

2) My flight plan is that I leave early in the morning on Tuesday, October 21, 2014. If I have enough control over myself, I´ll call home somewhere between 2:30 and 3:30.

3) Yes, I did get the Missionary Mall Sweater.

Now for my actual e-mail.

Thank you all so much for your letters and MTC Survival Kit. They were awesome. Mom, you just made yourself popular in the eyes of the elders of my district. These guys are awesome! My companion´s name is Elder Higgins and my other two roommates are Elder Kovac and Elder Burcl-Gonzalez. Great guys.

Aubrey, I cant believe that you got two kittens. I guess one just wasn´t enough. Ha ha. Still, they are cute. I hope they keep you company.

As for my overall experience here in the MTC. It´s definitely been an emotional roller coaster for me. Nevertheless, I´m doing fine and I really have felt the Spirit really strong here each time we got focused on studying the gospel and how to teach it. Oh, did I mention that I got called to be the new Zone Leader on my second day here? Man, talk about hastening the work. Anyway, I wish I could tell you everything that I learned but that would make this email longer than it already is.

I just want to let you guys know that I love you all and I´m doing alright. It´s definitely a new lifestyle that is going to take some getting used to, but I believe that the Lord will help me through it. Keep praying for Ashley, Max, Jacob, and me. 

Love,
Elder Alley

P.S. Hurrah for Israel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment