Monday, September 12, 2016

I'm Not Trunky! At Least...Not Completely ;) Ha Ha!

Dear Alley Family & Friends,

How's it going y'all? First of all, Happy Birthday Grandma! I hope you had a great birthday party and had lots of whip cream ;) Love you G-ma.

Also, just wanted to send a shout out to my awesome siblings: Ashley, Max, and Aubrey! I love you all and hope you're living life to the fullest. Rock on sibs!

Another shout out goes to Mom and Dad. Mom, good luck in seminary and the 12 week work-out program. Dad, continue to fly high and stay awesome and out of trouble. I love you all. Can't wait to see you all in about 3 or 4 weeks. Not that I'm getting trunky or anything ;) Ha ha. Just kidding. Things are going good here.

Not much really happened this week in the Huntington West area of the West Virginia Charleston Mission. Came down with the common cold near the end of the week so we mainly stayed at the apartment to take it easy. But we did still get some work done. We did get to teach one of our recent investigators, named M, this week. I'll just share what I wrote to my mission president with you:

"My report for the work here in the Huntington West area was that it was a good week. I didn't enjoy getting sick at the latter-half of the week but we still got some work done. One thing I like to report is our teaching moment with M, one of our more recent investigators. M is one of the workers for a group that's helping people who suffered from the flood that happened recently. He loves helping people and he's really cool guy. We first met him while tracting some weeks ago and, at first, I thought he wouldn't want to meet with us because he told us that he didn't go to any church because none of them were living up to what the Bible teaches or what they claim to believe. But, somehow, we managed to get a couple return appointments and he seems to be taking the message of the restored gospel very well. We already taught him about the Restoration and our last lesson was about the Book of Mormon, just explaining what it is and invited him to read it and pray about it. We'll meet him again in a couple weeks. I'll let you know how it goes. Just wanted to share this with you."

Well, sorry that this letter isn't very exciting. But I guess that's what happens when you get sick and you're nearing the end of your mission. Oh well, it is what it is. Until next time, I love you all and miss you all.

Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment