Friday, December 11, 2015

Merry Christmas from West Virginia!



The DeVillenuvs Family


P-day Dew Pong



December 7, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, Aubrey, Ashley and all those who may be reading this ;),

How's it going everyone? Man, it's hard to believe to believe that Christmas is already around the corner! As you all probably already heard, the church is doing another Christmas initiative. It's called #ASaviorIsBorn! This time the initiative has two videos and they are both amazing! If you haven't watched yet, do it ASAP! ;)

Well, I'm sorry to say this but this will have to be a short e-mail. Today for P-day, we are getting together with two other elders in our district to play something called Dew Pong (it's ping-pong that somehow involves Mountain Dew. I'll find out when it happens). Sounds like fun. Plus, there really isn't much to report. This week was a slow week for missionary work.

However, there is one experience that I would like to share. We had a great testimony meeting during church. I've really come to love fast and testimony meetings since being a missionary. But what made this testimony meeting special to me was that Sister Powell (member) brought her kids and the kids of a former potential investigator (it's a long story). What happened was that this boy, who wasn't a member of the church, but was raised in the Catholic faith by his mom, got up to the podium and shared his testimony of how we need to be like Jesus Christ and bless the lives of others and from there he blessed Sister Powell for all that she did for him and his family. I was just dumbfounded! This boy, who was raised in a different faith, just bore a simple and sweet testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ! When he got down from the podium, the Savior's words, "Suffer the little children to come unto me," just hit me like a ton of bricks. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord's true church, but I also know that there is good and truth in other faiths as well and that God loves all of His children, no matter what their faith is.

I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

P.S. Next week is transfer week so I won't be e-mailing until Wednesday. I also may be getting transferred since I've been here in Flatwoods for a while. Just a heads up.

No comments:

Post a Comment