Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Howdy Howdy from West Virginia!

May 26, 2015

Dear Family,

How's it going y'all? I'm sorry that this letter came in so late. Unfortunately, all the libraries were closed during Memorial Day, so I wasn't able to get access to a computer. I hope I didn't worry you guys. If I did, I greatly apologize.

Man, I'm so happy for Jessica Starr right now! I bet that she will do awesome at the North Carolina Charlotte Mission. The people there will be greatly blessed to have her. Be sure to give her my best wishes.

Now, you're all probably wondering what's been going in the last few days. Well, Elder McMullin got transferred to Salem, Virginia and Elder Varner is now my new companion. As I said in my last e-mail, the district has not changed very much. Elder Varner is from Las Vegas, Nevada (maybe Elder Max Alley will meet some Varners on his mission ;) ).

Other than that, not much to report. It was a slow week for missionary work. But we did have a fun day of church basketball with the district on P-Day. There was even a member family called the Haroldsens who invited us over for a barbecue dinner. It was fun and delicious. Well, I think that's everything. I love you all and miss you all. Take care everyone.

Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

P.S. Yes, I did get the package with the sunscreen. I haven't seen much of a difference yet. I'll keep using it and let you know what happens in my next e-mail. Also, I have not heard about these *"black boxes". We just keep track of the miles in these mile logs in our cars. I hope that's everything. I love you Mom. Hurrah for Israel!

* In the Spokane Mission, all the mission cars were just outfitted with "black boxes" that monitor all kinds of data: miles driven, where the car is driven, how long it's in each area, speed, erratic driving, etc. Each driver of the vehicle has their own card that they log in with before they can drive the car. All the info from the black box is constantly being sent out to Salt Lake. If there are any "irregularities" (ie safety, law or mission violations), the mission president is notified. Infractions can result in suspension of driving privileges either temporarily or permanently. I'd asked Michael if he'd heard about this and if his mission would be getting them, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment