Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Here's the News from Parkersburg, WV!

May 20, 2015

Dear Family,

Well gang, transfer week is here once again and here are the results: I will be staying here in the Parkersburg North area but my new companion will be Elder Varner. This transfer is interesting because Elder Varner is already a member of our district, so the only changes to our district is that Elder McMullin is leaving for somewhere in Virginia and Elder Boar is the new district leader. Interesting, very interesting.

Well, to be honest, there really isn't much to report (I believe my definition of "not much to report" is more accurate than Mom's definition, lol ;). This week has been a really slow week. It seems like the only times that we are actually teaching is when we are invited to a member's house (whether they are active, less-active, or a recent convert) for dinner. For the most part, we are trying to visit some potential and former investigators but for some reason we just can't catch them at home. We then just walk around the neighborhood trying to talk to people on the streets and they're either not interested or they just keep walking by. I'm sorry that this report sounds a little negative but the work is moving really slow.

However, if there is anything about this entire mission experience that I like, it's developing a great love for the scriptures, the word of God. Since coming out here in the mission, my love for reading and hearing the word of God from scriptures and living prophets and apostles has increased dramatically. The Spirit of the Lord really is powerful when you're learning about God's dealing with the people in the old days and the eternal perspective of life itself. I promise that even if I can't get a single person to learn about the Gospel, I will have become more converted to the Lord than I was before coming out on my mission.

Even though there's not teaching going on, please know that my love for the Lord and for you continues to grow. I love you all and miss you all. Take care everyone.

Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment