Monday, February 2, 2015

Elder Michael Alley Mission Update (Btw, all these "titles" are straight from the subject line of Michael's emails. His subject lines always just say it like it is. lol)


He got his birthday package from us! :)
They had a wonderful birthday lunch for him at the church 


With his companion, Elder Barney. He can't say enough good things 
about Elder Barney. He thinks the world of him.
Then the Bentleys had a birthday dinner for him, too.
He's getting spoiled out there! ;)
Spaghetti for the main dish and apple pie for dessert.
His favorites!
Bro. Bentley carved this walking stick and gave it to Michael for his birthday.
Such talent!
Michael was thrilled!
Such an awesome gift
Church b-ball
Another great lunch at the Bentleys
I'm loving the glasses. :)
In front of the church building. I don't think I've ever seen a big sign like this
in front on our one of our buildings. You'll definitely know where the church is.
Such a pretty part of the country, too. 
Michael sent this photo to me (and the church sign one) with the caption:
"Forgot something that morning". Not sure how that happens (no tie or belt.)
I want to know the story behind it. I would've thought his companion would've said
something before they left, so maybe they spent the night somewhere else
and Michael forgot to pack a tie and belt? It's a mystery to me until he (hopefully)
answers that question in his next email. haha Oh, Michael.

February 2, 2015

Dear Family,

First of all, thank you all so much for the letters and package for my birthday! It was awesome. I had a lot of fun during my birthday. The Bentley family, the Winns, Elder Cluff, Elder Brough, and Elder Barney all threw me this awesome party at the Bentleys' house. Don't worry, I'll send you the address soon so that you can send them a "thank you" card. Thank you everyone so much.

This week has been interesting. We had some amazing opportunities to give blessings to both active and less-active members. Even though we didn't have a lot teaching opportunities this week, I have been blessed to exercise the power of the priesthood and to really feel like a servant of the Lord. These experiences just help strengthen my testimony of the reality, power and importance of the priesthood.

I'm sorry that this letter is going to be shorter than normal, but there wasn't a lot to report on. I will say that we are starting church basketball on Friday evenings, so hopefully this will help us to get potential investigators and less-active members to church. Cross your fingers.

I better get going. I love you all and miss you all. Take care everyone.

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

P.S. Enjoy those "fringe benefits"* while you still can. ;)

*He's referring to the blessings we're receiving because he's serving a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment