Tuesday, November 4, 2014

What's Up Ya'll?

Pics of the inside of Michael's trailer
(It actually looks pretty nice and is impressively clean and tidy.
Way to go Elder Alley and Elder Buttars!)

Well, the trash does need to be emptied...lol

Helping at the ward Halloween Party



November 3, 2014

Dear Family,

How's it going everyone? How's life back in good ole Spokane, Washington? My homesickness may not be as bad as it was on my first day at the MTC, but I still miss you guys. It's definitely not going to be easy to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas without you. But that will just make Christmas 2016 even more enjoyable. 

Anyway, this week has been good. The missionary work here is a little slow, though. Then again I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing. We have some investigators but the Martin 1st ward also has a lot of less actives that they need help with. I'm not saying this to be negative, I'm just still trying to figure out what I, as a missionary, can do to help. Right now, I'm having enough trouble just trying to remember how to get from one place to another. 

On a more positive note, we had an awesome ward Halloween party. I even got to help with one of the games. You'll see it in the pictures. I'm really loving the Martin 1st ward. The members may be few in number, but they're just the nicest people you'll ever meet. They're also super supportive of missionaries so we get a good amount of dinner appointments.

As for grocery shopping and e-mailing: we're doing that in a nearby town called Prestonsburg where there's a library that has computers we can use and a nearby shopping area. I also have been using my iPod but mostly to listen your messages when I'm feeling down. Thanks guys.

As for the mailing: yes, packages are left on the porch but we always find them first thing in the morning.  

Well, I think that's everything. I hope you all continue to do well at home. Take care everyone.

Love you all,

Elder Michael Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment