Monday, November 10, 2014

My Spiritual Growth

Michael with Sis. Salisbury & Pres. Salisbury
(His mission president & wife)

November 10, 2014

Dear Family,

I'm really sorry that this e-mail came in late. Apparently, the library that we're using is now requiring the missionaries to get library cards if we want to use their computers. There were some other weird things that happened, too,  but luckily we got them resolved.

Anyway, I'm glad that things are going well at home. I'm glad that Aubrey is making new friends. I'm also stoked that Aubrey really wants to try out for the dance team. She will be awesome in that. I'm also grateful for the miracles that are happening at home. I also want to thank everyone who's checking up on me and keeping tabs on me.

Man, how do I describe this week? I'd say that it was a spiritually powerful week. I got to give a talk during sacrament about "Patience". To be honest, I felt like I needed to hear that message more than the congregation. As I read a few verses from D&C 121-122 (not all of them, just a few), I felt overwhelmed by the Spirit as I read about Joseph Smith pleading to Heavenly Father while he was in Liberty Jail. As I read them, I felt like I was personally asking the question, "God, where art thou?" I admit I cried at the podium as I recited those words. But then I read D&C 122:8 where Heavenly Father asks Joseph Smith, "The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?" I then read Alma 7:11-12 to the congregation and testified to them that the Savior knows that it hurts to wait sometimes but He will help us through it.

I wish I could write more but I'm limited on time. Please know that I love you all and miss you all. You're all in my prayers.

Love,
Elder Michael Alley 

No comments:

Post a Comment