Thursday, November 5, 2015

I'm Still Here

More pretty scenery
My companion, Elder Jarman and I

November 4, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, Aubrey, and all my Family & Friends,

Thank you all so much for your e-mails, letters and packages this week. It's always great to hear from you guys and see how things are going back home. I especially loved looking at the pictures of everyone's costume and the Halloween decorations at home. You all looked awesome! Way to keep the Halloween spirit going strong.

Well, here's the news for transfers: Elder Jarman is leaving and I'll be staying here in Flatwoods with an Elder Taylor. I'm looking forward to fresh start in the work here in Flatwoods, but changes don't come smoothly for me. So, wish me luck as I do my best to watch over this area.

To answer Mom's questions:

1) The listening program is mentally fatiguing because the music is arranged in a way that puts the brain waves to work. I don't know how describe it other than it's a mental work out. Luckily, I've been doing the program before going to bed so it doesn't affect my schedule as a missionary.

2) Yes, I did get the Halloween package. Thank you so much. I loved the treats that you put in it.

Well, not much happened here in Flatwoods in regards to missionary work. The only thing that happened was just Elder Jarman saying good-bye to all the friends he made here. I will admit, having to say good-bye to a companion is always bitter-sweet. But I'm confident that he'll do good in his next area.

Well, I think that's everything. I hope all continues to go well in good ole Spokane, Washington. I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment