Monday, November 9, 2015

Big Changes!

My new companion, Elder J. Taylor

November 9, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, Aubrey, and all my Family & Friends,

Man, so many things have happened this week that I really don't know where to begin. I guess that I'll start with Mom's questions:

1) My new companion is Elder J. Taylor (there a lot of Elder Taylors in this mission, so there is a "J" on his name tag). He is from Layton, Utah. To be honest, I'm already enjoying this companionship. We actually have a lot in common. The best part: he is a fellow Whovian (Doctor Who Fan)! Yes, Hallejuah! He and I already had some fun conversations about Doctor Who, Star Wars, Marvel comics, video games, etc. I can already hear Dad yelling "Geeek!" to me but I don't care :) Don't worry, we are still getting missionary work done. In fact, he and I already have some big plans for this area, so stay tuned.

2) I'm actually glad to still be in Flatwoods because, as most of you know, change doesn't come smoothly for. Plus, I really hate packing. So it was nice to avoid packing and to just have small changes this transfer. But the best part is that on Sunday, three men were called to be the new branch presidency. I have already gotten to know these men very well and I'm so looking forward to working with them in branch council. Like I said before, Elder Taylor and I have some big plans for this area.

3) I would like to serve somewhere in Virginia before the end of my mission,  but I also hope to go back to Martin, KY. You never know, it could happen :)

Well, answering those questions actually summed up my week. I'm really excited that Ashley is coming home soon. Hey, that means that I could see her during our Christmas Skype! Awesome! I also can't wait hear about her homecoming talk. Mom, if you can record her homecoming talk and send it to me somehow, that would be awesome. Please and thank you.

Well, that ought to do it. I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment