Monday, April 27, 2015

Greetings from Parkersburg/Vienna!

April 20, 2015


Dear Family,

Man, this week has been awesome! I'm sorry that my last few e-mails have just given you the surface details. So here's one with more details to make up for it.

This week was awesome because we ended up finding a couple more potential investigators and teaching a new investigator about the restoration. I can't say that it was as amazing as the one that Max taught recently, but I'm grateful to be able to at least share the message with someone. As for the potential investigators, we found them when Elder Jacklin (one of the Charleston Zone Leaders) came down to the Parkersburg North area (it consists of the northern part of Parkersburg and Vienna) for an exchange. At first, I was worried about the exchange because I was still struggling to find my way around the area. However, we ended up inviting a lot of people to learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ as we walked around doing our best to find the people we had originally planned to see. As a result, we got three potential investigators and one new investigator. It was awesome! I also enjoyed my time with Elder Jacklin. I hope I get to work with him again soon.

There is also a story that I want to share with you. I meant to share this in my last email. While we were at the library studying on mormon.org, there was this one guy who was having some problems with the computer he was using. As the librarian staff tried to help him, he was just being so rude to them. I don't remember exactly what he said to them, I do remember feeling sorry for the librarians. When the man finally left, I felt prompted by the Spirit to write small thank-you notes on the #BecauseHeLives cards and give them to the staff. As I gave them the cards, I told them that my companion and I were really grateful to them for letting us use the computers to e-mail home and study on mormon.org. To be honest, I almost couldn't hold back the tears as I expressed my gratitude to them. Even if they aren't interested in learning about the gospel, I hope they always know that there are people who appreciate what they do. I'm very grateful for that opportunity because it was one of the few moments when I truly felt like I was representing our Savior Jesus Christ.

Now, you may be wondering when I'm going to send you pictures. Unfortunately, the computer is not registering my camera, so I may have to just send you the SD card through mail, along with some other stuff that I want to send back home. Don't worry, you will get pictures soon.

Well, I think that's everything. I hope things continue to go well in good ole Spokane, Washington. I'll write again. Also, I can't wait until I get to Skype home on Mother's Day. I think I still have the Skype info that I used during Christmas, but could you just send me the info again just in case? Please and thank you. I love you all and miss you all. 

Hurrah for Israel!

Love, 

Elder Michael Alley

P.S. Do you know what Morgan Curtiss's address is? She sent me a letter with a question on it but I accidentally threw away the envelope. Could you send me her address so that I can send a letter to her? Please and thank you. Take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment