Monday, April 20, 2015

Still Alive and Kicking

April 20, 2015

Dear Family,

First of all, I just want thank you and everyone else who has taken the the time to write and/or e-mail me. You have no idea how much I appreciate your words of encouragement and updates. I can always feel the love and support from everyone back home. I definitely needed it because this was a very slow week for missionary work.

I will admit that my first official week here in the Parkersburg North area was a little rough. Don't worry, it's nothing serious. It's just that for some reason, we can't seem to reach our investigators, potential investigators or even a few former investigators. The result is either they're not home or they are not interested in learning. The other hard part is figuring out how to get around this town. Let's just say that I'm really missing those straight, wide roads from back home ;). Oh well, it is what it is. Would you all keep me in your prayers that I'll get this town figured out. Please and thank you :)

Now as for the questions:

1) Elder McMullin calls it an apartment but it looks and feels like a house to me. It's a two floor building that used to house four missionaries but now it's now just Elder McMullin and I who live there. Which is sweet because there are two separate bathrooms and showers for us to use. Awesome!

2) I can't wait to binge watch Doctor Who when I get home.

3) I did have some problems with my myldsmail account a few weeks ago but not anymore.

4) The name of the ward is the Parkersburg Ward and it is bigger than the Martin Ward.

5) While we do have families who sign up to feed us missionaries, but so far none of them are like the Bentleys where we have a close relationship. Oh well, I had feeling that would be the case when I left Martin, Kentucky.

6) I have a two-hour time limit on this computer. Back in Martin, there was no time limit.

Well, I think that's everything. I wish I could write more but, like I said, I got a two-hour time limit. I'll make sure to give you more details the next time I e-mail. Take care y'all. I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

Note From Elder Alley's Mom: I Google mapped his address and
this is where he's living. Looks like a pretty sweet set up!


No comments:

Post a Comment