Thursday, January 1, 2015

Merry Christmas Everyone!


At the Martin Christmas Festival

Elder Alley in Martin, Kentucky

December 24, 2014

Dear Family,

Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you everyone for all of your love and support. Whether it's a simple letter or a bag of candy, I can feel all of your love and support from just looking at what I've been given. I truly have been blessed with a wonderful family and group of friends. Thank you so much everyone.

Mom, thank you so much for your last letter. You have no idea how much your words lifted up my spirit. I'm grateful to know that I am helping with the work, even if it's just through e-mails. I've read that letter multiple times and each time that I've read it I've been thinking about Sis. Buxton's story of how her husband set up these teaching appointments with members for the missionaries to use. As I read Sis. Buxton's story, I've been thinking about bringing this idea up our Ward Mission Leader and our district and see if this could help reactivate some members in our area. I will have to wait until after the holidays since many people are out of town right now. Still, I like this idea.

I'm also grateful that you answered my questions. You didn't have to answer them but I'm glad you did. I promise that I won't beat myself up if things don't go according to plan. I will just be me, do my best and let the Lord have the rest.

I also want to thank you for sending me the Skype info. Just a heads up, I'll be calling you on Christmas Eve but the purpose is to set up a time when we can chat. It'll be hard but we'll need to do our best to stay focused and keep that phone call short. Man, I can't wait!

I'm going to keep this e-mail short so that I will have stories to share over either Skype or phone. I'm excited! I love you all and I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley 

No comments:

Post a Comment