Thursday, January 1, 2015

I Wish You a Happy New Year!




Christmas morning at The Winn's apartment
Our pile of gifts. Thanks everyone!
Sister and Elder Winn. They're a senior missionary couple in our district. 
They are so nice. They remind me of Grandma and Grandpa Alley.
Oh, man, I love the Alley Family Missionary calendar!
One more Christmas to go. 
Skyping with you
                                           Nest series of photos is from Elder Alley's mom:
                                                  Our view of Skyping with Elder Alley

He even got to Skype with his Dad who was on a trip. 
(I love technology!)



This is what his little sister posted on Snap Chat

Love this boy and miss him!
3 for 3 in successful Skype calls with my missionaries!
More pictures Elder Alley sent:
Elder Buttars and the Bentley Family.
The Bentleys let the us Skype at their house and we spent a lot of our Christmas with them.
They are a great family!


Celebrating New Year's Eve
(Sister Bentley was really thoughtful and sent me these pics via Facebook.
"Bonus" pics of my missionary are THE BEST!!!)


Playing Uno.
(Funny, because his sister played Uno on New Year's Eve with the members in Thailand.
Uno is, apparently, a universal game.)



December 29, 2014

Dear Family,

Man, I really enjoyed Skyping with you guys during Christmas. You have no idea how much I loved talking with you. It just felt so good to finally to both see your faces and hear your voices. I loved every minute of it. I wish we could've talked longer but I guess there's a reason why these Skype appointments are limited to one hour. Still, one hour just didn't feel long enough. Oh well, now we have Mother's day to look forward to. Awesome!

Speaking of "forward", I just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! To be honest, I am both excited and nervous for the new year. I'm excited because I personally feel like the feeling of a new year might be able to help with the missionary work here in Martin, Kentucky. I'm not sure how but it just might give us missionaries a new start in missionary work and allow us to invite more people to learn about the Gospel as they think about what to do for the new year. Here's hoping. Pray for us and hope things improve for missionary work.

My plan for the new year is to be social and confident in missionary work. What I mean by this is that because I'm not the most social person that you'll ever meet (as much as I hate to admit it), I find it hard to talk with people I don't really know. Anyways, could you keep me in your prayers and pray that I'll have more charity, understanding and patience for the people I've been called to serve? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

I also want to explain real quickly about one of the pictures that I sent. Just in case anyone was curious, there's a picture of me holding the family missionary calendar while also holding one finger up. That's my way of saying, "We just have one more Christmas to go before we're all back together again."

Well, that's it for now. I love you all and I will see you all again in about 21 months. Have a Happy New Year!

Love,
Elder Michael Alley    

No comments:

Post a Comment