Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy (late) Easter to Everyone!

March 28, 2016

Dear Alley gang & friends,

How's it going y'all? I'm glad that everyone had a great Easter and that Dad had a great birthday. I also want to thank everyone who sent me Easter wishes and gifts. Thank you all so much! I love Easter! As a kid, I loved Easter because that was the time that I would get a chocolate bunny to eat. Ashley isn't the only one who feels no regrets in eating a chocolate rabbit (maniacal laugh). However, as I got older and became a missionary, I've come to really appreciate the true meaning of Easter.

I'm so grateful for Heavenly Father for loving us so much that He sent His Only Perfect Son to atone for our sins and I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ for being willing to fulfill the Atonement so that He can know how to help us overcome our sins. One of my favorite verses that always helps me to understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ comes from the Book of Mormon, in 3 Nephi 9:13-14, where the Savior Himself says, "...will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you? Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me."

Alma 7:11-13 is another verse from the Book of Mormon that I refer a lot to when studying the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It says, "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he might loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless, the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me."

I'm so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ for taking upon him my sins and weaknesses so that He can know how to help me overcome them. I'm also grateful that that He did it for all of us. As Ammon said in the Book of Mormon, "...who can glory too much in the Lord?"

Well, this week was definitely a lot better than the last couple of weeks for proselyting. We finally found a new investigator after following up on all the referrals that we received from tracting and had a blast with the Masontown Ward Easter Activity. We had a good turn out with some families who were visiting from out of town. The kids that came had a blast! Especially me when it came to the food that was given. ;)

Well, I think that's everything. I love you all and miss you all. Don't forget, General Conference is coming up!

Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment