Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Change is in the Air

Package Elder Bean decorated for one of his former companions


Eating at Tail Pipe's (An AWESOME burger joint in Morgantown!)

On exchanges with Elder Millard



Another drawing by Elder Bean

Masontown Ward saying goodbye to Elder Bean


Kingwood's Library






Making cookies at the Simm's house. (Bro. Simms is the ward mission leader.)


March 9, 2016

Dear Alley crew and all my peeps ;),

How's it going y'all? Man, I'm glad that Mom had an awesome birthday. The seminary class definitely did an awesome job throwing that surprise party for her. Those students are great in my book. Way to go guys!

I'm also looking forward to hearing about Aubrey's upcoming dance tryouts, Ashley's teaching in Gospel Principles and her future plans in the LDS Business college and other aspirations. You go girls! Keep up the good work.

Well, as the title says, there are changes in the air. For starters, the weather here in Masontown has been beautiful lately. Blue skies with some clouds and sun and the temperature is warm with a nice breeze. I love it. However, the real big change is transfers. This week is transfer week and Elder Bean will be leaving and my new companion will be Elder Bosen. To be honest, I'm really sad to see Elder Bean leave because he and I had a lot of fun together. I'm definitely going to miss him but I'm also looking forward to working with Elder Bosen. I don't know him personally but I've heard some good things about him. So, we'll see what happens this transfer.

Other than that, the work here in Masontown has just been slow. We had an appointment with an investigator that fell through because nobody answered either the door or phone. We even tracted in this one neighborhood and the one person who opened up the door just closed it right after I introduced ourselves to him. Seriously?!

Luckily, the week wasn't all bad. The Masontown Ward members have been really nice to us in inviting us over to dinner in their homes. We really do have a great ward here. Both the active and even some of the less active members are super nice to us missionaries. I just wish we could help them strengthen their ward more somehow.

Oh well. I guess this week is just another lesson in recognizing the tender mercies of the Lord. As the hymn goes, "Count your many blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings, see what God hath done." I'm also once again reading about my missionary hero, the prophet Abinadi, in the Book of Mormon so that should be a good pick-me-up. If anything, just keep me in your prayers that we'll find a way to spread the gospel here in Masontown. We just haven't had much success here. Hopefully, this new transfer will be different.

Well, I think that's everything. I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment