Monday, October 5, 2015

I Love General Conference!




I get to see some beautiful scenery out here.


October 5, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, Aubrey, and all my Family & Friends,

Let me just start off by saying what I mentioned in my title, "I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE!" Weren't those sessions amazing! I can't tell you how much inspiration I felt as I listened to our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, and the Apostles speak to us. If I could, then this e-mail would become a novel. For now, just know that, since being a missionary, I love General Conference. We, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, really are blessed to have prophets, seers and revelators who receive revelation from our Heavenly Father so that we can guided in these days. We don't need to fear the darkness in the world because we have the Light of the Gospel that always dispels it.

As much as I hate to say this but this e-mail is going to be a short one. My companion Elder Jarman has been having some trouble with one of his knees and we're getting it looked at today in a hospital in Weston, WV. I'm hoping that it's nothing serious, but please keep him in your prayers. Also, not much has happened this week since we didn't get truck back until Thursday. We did try to stay busy but there really wasn't much we could do. There's only one or two areas within walking and biking distance but they've been tracted out multiple times by past missionaries. The other areas, you need a car to get there safely. I'm sorry that this e-mail isn't very exciting but I promise that I'll make up for it in my next e-mail.

Just a heads up, since this Thursday is my year mark, my next e-mail is going to be me expressing my thoughts about my mission experience so far. It's something that I've been thinking about for a while and wanted to write about. So, I hope you don't mind if I share some thoughts with you in that e-mail. Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up.

I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley


No comments:

Post a Comment