Tuesday, August 18, 2015

What Has Happened So Far

Volunteering at the Senior Center :)







August 17, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, Aubrey and all of my family & friends,

A wise man (a.k.a., my Dad) once told me that each day of the mission will go just a little faster than the previous one. Well, even though I've had some slow days and slow weeks, I was looking at my calendar recently and realized that August is already over halfway done and that I'll hit my year mark in the few weeks after this transfer is over! Wow! Time really did fly. Isn't that awesome? I know my year mark hasn't come yet, but it does give me something to look forward to. Don't judge me ;)

Anyway, not a lot has happened since the last time I e-mailed everyone (which is what usually happens when your P-Day is on a Wednesday during transfer week) but there is a miracle that happened. I mentioned this to President Salisbury in my e-mail to him. Here's what I wrote:

"My report for the work here in Flatwoods is that it has been busy this week. We did a lot of service for a member of the branch in helping her put some tin sheets on her roof, some more tracting, and contacting some of our recent potential investigators. At first, it seemed like we weren't getting anywhere and that this was going to be a slow week. But then, a miracle happened! We visited a less-active member, I'll refer to him as J, and told him that because he holds the Aaronic Priesthood then that makes him a minister for the church. That got his attention and he promised to come to church after we invited him. J kept his promise and he came in at the last hour of church!

I'm really grateful for this miracle because I'm really hoping that this will be a turning point for the branch. If we can help the members and the branch leaders to strengthen their faith in missionary work, then I'm confident that the work here will really hasten. Until then, we'll just do our best to serve here in any way we can and hope that our efforts will be enough for the Lord."

Well, that's my story for this e-mail. Stay tuned for another exciting episode of "The Adventures of Elder Michael Alley" ;) Lol! Take care everyone. I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

PS Speaking of "episode", how is the Peter Capaldi season of Doctor Who going so far? Take care everyone. Love you all.

PSS As I said before in my last e-mail, Mom, thank you so much for last letter to me about Samuel Smith. It really did help me a lot. In fact, everyone's e-mails and letters to me have been like manna from heaven. I just can't get enough of them. I'm always get excited whenever I find a letter in my mailbox because to me it means that someone has been thinking about me. I love reading letters from you, Grandma, MomMom, my cousins, friends and everyone else. I wish I could write a letter to everyone thanking them for writing to me but there's just not enough hours in the day of a missionary. I hope everyone knows how much I appreciate everyone's letters. Thank you all so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment