Monday, August 24, 2015

Grateful to God

Celebrating Elder Jarman's 1 Year Mark. Not too much longer
and it'll be MY turn!


Burn, Baby, Burn!

August 24, 2015



Dear Mom, Dad, Aubrey and all my family & friends,

Oh, I get it now. So while the missionaries are away, the rest of the family goes out to play? I see how it is. Ha ha ;) I'm really glad that everyone had a fun time in Texas. I loved the pictures that Mom sent me.

However, what I'm really happy about is that Mom, Dad and Aubrey were not in Washington when the fires occurred. Thank goodness you're all safe. We may not have access to a T.V. but I actually just heard about the fires in Washington from the people here in Flatwoods. Normally, when I tell people that I'm from Washington, they either think of Seattle, rain, or Big Foot. However, this week when I told people that I was from Washington, their first response was, "Did you know that Washington is on fire?" I thought that they were just commenting about how dry and hot it was up there. It wasn't until I saw the pictures and read the letter that I found out that my home state really was on fire! I know that God has kept you safe. I bet He was the reason that your standby status to travel to Texas didn't backfire on you. Let us all be sure to thank Heavenly Father in our prayers for this miracle.

I'm also grateful to God that Ashley was kept safe as well. I hope that things settle down soon in Thailand. God really is watching out for us.

This week has been another slow week for missionary work but, as I was reading your e-mails, I started thinking that the slow pace is actually a blessing. Yeah, it's a pain to try to find a new investigator in this place, but I'm not the one who has to worry about fires or bombs. The work may be slow but I decided that I prefer slow and safe over fast and hazardous.

There's not a whole lot to report on this week. We've had a zone conference, volunteered at a place called the Central West Virginia Outreach Center, and, my personal favorite (not), more tracting. Oh well, as I said, better slow and safe than fast and hazardous.

Well, I think that's everything. I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment