Monday, May 23, 2016

Today's News: More WVCM Stories by Elder Alley ;)

May 23, 2016

Dear Alley Crew & Partners-in-Crime ;)

How's it going y'all? Man, it sounds like everyone is doing awesome! The Piano Guys concert definitely looked and sounded like a lot of fun. The "Bubble Talk" game also looks fun. The captions and pics were hilarious. Y'all have got to teach, me that game when I get back in less than 5 months (not that I'm counting either. Ha ha). Still, thank you all so much for keeping me updated and in your prayers. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Well, for this week, Elder Lane and I have been doing some more tracting (door-knocking) and picked up some potentials but there were a couple events that I want to focus on:

1) We picked up a family to teach! Awesome! We found this family while tracting this one apartment complex a few weeks back and we've trying to follow-up with them since then. We were finally able to get an appointment with them this week and taught the message of the Restoration! It was an okay lesson. It's just always hard to teach when a 4-year-old just won't sit still during a lesson. Ha ha. Oh, well. That's mission life for you. Still, I'm happy that we were able to teach a family.

2) We found an unexpected opportunity to serve! What happened was that, right after our lunch break, Elder Lane and I drove our car to this parking lot that was near this street we were going to tract. When we got out of the car, a man walked up to us asking to borrow our phone to call his dad. We gave him the phone and waited until he called his dad to come pick him up at a nearby Kroger store. When he got done, we talked with him and got to know him a little bit. His name was R and he got jumped on by some jerks while he was outside in the middle of the night and they robbed him of his wallet and phone. Hence, why he needed to borrow our phone and call his dad for help. Afterwards, he left to get to the store to meet his dad at and thanked us for letting him borrow the phone. I gave him our phone number before he left so that he could call us and let us know if he got there safely. We haven't heard from him since then but I hope that he's okay. Still, I'm glad that we were at the right place at the right time to help someone.

Well, I think that's everything. I hope you all continue to have fun and enjoy life. I love you all and miss you all.

Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley  

No comments:

Post a Comment