Monday, April 11, 2016

6 Months to Go!


Dead mouse found in the church air vents. Niiiice. (Not!)

April 11, 2016

Dear Alley family & friends,

How's it going y'all? I'm glad that everyone had a great spring break down in Utah. My favorite part from all the e-mails that I read was the one on Dad schooling everyone in a bubblegum contest. The Old Man still got it ;) Ha ha. Man, oh man, we definitely need to do another trip down in Utah when I get back. 

Now, for all those who don't know, here's the big news: as of April 8, 2016, I HAVE COMPLETED 1 1/2 YEARS OF MY MISSION! That's right! 6 months to go, baby! I'm almost at the finish line! Big thank you to my Mom for sending me the Jump Day package! It was awesome! I'm not sure where I'm going to jump rope but I'll see what I can do ;) Still, thank you so much Mom. You're the best.

I would also like to send a birthday shout out to MomMom! I sent her a birthday card last week, so I hope she'll get it this week. Still, Happy Birthday MomMom! I hope you had a blast.

As for this week, it was a really slow week for proselyting. Mainly just visited less-actives with no clue on what to teach them since they've been less-active for who knows how long and nothing has changed and tracting (knocking on doors) in various neighborhoods but to no avail. I will admit, that I actually get stressed and irritated if it seems like there's no work to be done. However, as always, there are tender mercies from the Lord.

The biggest tender mercy came in the form of a personal interview with our Mission President, President Salisbury. To be honest, I was still a little mentally rattled by that "anti" event with one of our former investigators and I felt prompted to bring it up to President Salisbury. His counsel came from Romans 10:14-15 where he taught me that, as a missionary, I am a preacher sent from God. This was a very important counsel to me because sometimes I forget how great a calling it is to be a missionary when it just seems like I'm working hard for nothing. But being a missionary is a sacred calling and honor given by God, no matter what the world's views are. I wish I could explain more but this is going to have to be a shorter e-mail. Got a meal appointment coming up. 

Don't ever forget, I love you all and miss you all. I'll see you all in 6 months. Until then, Hurrah for Israel!

Love,


Elder Michael Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment