Monday, February 1, 2016

Thank You Everyone!









February 1, 2016

Dear Mom, Dad, Aubrey, Ashley & all my family & friends,

Thank you all so much for your birthday wishes and shout-outs! It was awesome! I loved the pictures of everyone with their birthday banners. I never saw it coming and it was so cool to look at. Thank you so much! Also, I actually did get the birthday package today. So don't worry Mom. The oreos, pringles, $23, and all the goodies got to me just in time for my birthday. Thank you so much. Also, I want to thank Aubrey and Ashley for their Spaghettio notes. ;)

Well, since I just e-mailed you guys a few days ago, there's not much to report. However, there were a couple of interesting events that happened to us. One day, our car got stuck in the snow after we failed to get enough speed to go up this hill and slid backwards. Luckily, after some back-and-forth rocking with the car, we were able to free ourselves and make it back to the apartment safely.

Later that day, Elder Bean and I drove to this part-member family's home to check on them. Good thing we did because there was this lady and her mom that had just got stuck in the snow with their car in the same way that happened to us not too long ago. Talk about deja vu. Fortunately, we were able to get them out as well and they were happy about that. While we may not have been able to teach a lot of people this week, this week (to me) was one of those weeks where I'm just happy to help someone out, whether we were able to teach something or not. Who knows? Maybe this experience will lead this lady to investigate the church and the restored gospel someday. You never know.

Well, that's all I have to report. Stay tuned for next week's episode of "The Adventures of Elder Michael Alley" (cue generic, superhero theme music and just imagine me flying while wearing a cape and multi-colored spandex. Lol)

I love you all and miss you all.

Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

PS I forgot to mention this in my last e-mail, but the mission office has just changed the missionary departure dates again. Therefore, my new departure date for the mission will be on October 7, 2016. Also, just so that everyone is aware: I Am NOT Extending My Calling. That is all, thank you for your time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment