Monday, January 11, 2016

What a Week!

Elder Bean working on some drawings.



The Morgantown Zone

Our zone leaders: Elder Millard and Elder Stoddard

Helping a member find coal for the heater in his basement

Real West Virginia coal!
January 11, 2016

Dear Mom, Dad, Aubrey, Ashley and all my Family & Friends,

How's it going y'all? I really loved the pictures that were sent to me. Ashley looked great, Aubrey looked great and Mom's seminary class looked great as well. I'm glad that my staff is being used for good so that Mom can teach about the Old Testament. That's awesome!

Well, this week was nuts for me. A lot of things happened and it feels like I'm still trying to get my head screwed back into place. 1) Because a past missionary (not sure who it was) damaged the grill of the car we are using, Elder Bean had to find an auto body shop to get an estimate. 2) Got sick in the middle of the week. 3) When I received my new debit card from home, I accidentally cut up my mission card thinking that it was my old debit card. It wasn't until I went to buy something at a store that I realized the huge mistake I made. Now, I'm trying to figure out what to do about it. I'll call the mission office again to see what I can do. I promise that I'll do everything I can to get a new mission card so that I can I relieve you from this burden soon. Luckily, we have a lot of food at the apartment so groceries shouldn't be an issue.

However, there were some good moments from this week. We got to go on exchanges with our zone leaders and it was awesome! Elder Stoddard (one of the zone leaders) and I got some good work done here in Masontown. We even got a new investigator and have another appointment with him later this week! I also got to give a talk during sacrament about how God uses witnesses to help with His work and that the Book of Mormon is an additional witness of the Savior Jesus Christ. At the beginning of my talk, I told the members that the reason I was excited to give a talk was because, unlike regular proselyting, I was finally in a situation where people had no choice but to listen to my message. Nobody could say "no" to me then. The Masontown Ward got a good laugh from that. It was great.

Well, I think that's everything. If there is one thing I learned from this mission is that while not all weeks are good, there is something good in each week. The Masontown Ward is awesome and I really enjoy working with Elder Bean. Take care everyone.

I love you all and miss you all. Hurrah for Israel!

Love,

Elder Michael Alley

PS The mission office actually just called me back a few minutes ago. They told me that they will send me a new card and that it will arrive in about two weeks. So, it's all taken care of. Thank you so much, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment